In the early summer of 2017 we were contacted by a client to inspect his 1964 Jaguar XKE Roadster and give him a quote to improve it mechanically and aesthetically. Once we got the E-type in from Florida, and could go over it with a fine-tooth comb, we realized the best approach was to do a full comprehensive, rotisserie restoration as it would benefit from one, and it was a great candidate to take to a Show/Driver level. We then set out to create the car of our client’s dream. Originally, the car was made in Red over Black and had a Black top. Now, the Roadster is resplendant in elegant Opalescent Jaguar Dark Blue, with a complimenting rich Red interior and Dark Blue top and matching boot. A truly stunning E-Type!
When we performed the rotisserie body restoration to a Show/Driver level, we also resleeved the engine block, taking the engine back to its original bore size, and installed a new fitted convertible top and boot kit with header and wood tack strip set; completed with a new dash top and dash fascia. Almost complete with the restoration, the XKE will be taken out on the town once it makes the long trek back to Florida to return home.
01. Changed the steering wheel to one that is a restored original stock wheel.
02. Removed the nerf bar on the front bumpers.
03. Installed the correct 3.8 seats.
04. Installed an alloy dash.
05. Deleted the arm rests and center console storage.
06. Added Red lap belts.
07. Installed a battery cut off switch to save it from being drained when not in use.
08. Wide white wall radial 185/15 tires.