1956 MG A Roadster
|Performance:||4-cylinder overhead-valve 1500cc, Weber Carb for better performance|
|Color exterior:||Black Tonneau cover, gold pin stripes with Bonnet locks|
|Color interior:||Red with Tan interior top, sidescreens and hood cover|
(SOLD) It was a body-on-frame design and used the straight-4 “B series” engine from the MG Magnette saloon driving the rear wheels through a 4 speed gearbox. Suspension was independent with coil springs and wishbones at the front and a rigid axle with semi-elliptic springs at the rear. Steering was by rack and pinion and was not power assisted. The car was available with either wire spoked or steel disc road wheels. This MGA is an older restoration that is still in very good condition. It runs and drives very well and was a sport car produced by MG division of the British Motor Corporation from 1955 to 1962. This classic has been upgraded to a Weber carburetor for better performance. This very well maintained and serviced driver level MGA is a collectable model with aluminum doors. This MGA is a very stylish and collectable classic to drive and show.
The MGA replaced the older T series cars and was replaced by the MGB when production ceased in July 1962. Through that time, BMC sold 101,081 units, the vast majority of which were exported with only 5869 cars sold on the home market, the highest export percentage of any British car.