1958 MG MG A Coupe
|Performance:||1500 cc, four cylinder, 2 SU cerebrations|
|Transmission:||4 speed manual|
|Mileage:||99,063 miles showing|
|Wheels:||Steel-disc road wheels|
|Tires:||Sports Master 5.90/5.50-15 with Spare|
|Engine #:||15A-N-H 166937|
|Other 1:||Body Number: 45912|
(SOLD) Classic Showcase is scheduling the restoration to be of a Show/Driver level, however, depending on the date of purchase, we may be able to accommodate your build sheet and wish list to create the MGA of your dreams! This is a solid car that is showing surface rust in the photos, but there is no hole rust in the car. It had been sitting for 25 years and is 99% complete, and is not running. Included in the restoration process the vehicle will be stripped to bare metal, placed on a rotisserie, metal finished, leaded, all body parts fitted to the car and chrome, prepared for primer, sealer, paint, base, clear, color sanded and buffed to a fabulous finish. All systems will be gone through and the engine will be rebuilt back to factory specifications. The fuel, electrical, cooling, and hydraulic systems will be restored. All components will be rebuilt back to factory specifications, including the engine, transmission, rear end and suspension. All chrome will be re-plated as needed. The car will receive a complete new custom tailored and fit interior in the correct materials by our upholstery department. A DVD of the restoration process will accompany the vehicle. Upon completion of the restoration, this MGA will be a great example to drive and enjoy!
The MGA is a sports car produced by MG division of the Corporation from 1955 to 1962. The MGA replaced the older T-type cars and represented a complete styling break from the older vehicles. The car was officially launched at the Showing 1955. A total of 101,081 units were sold through the end of production in July 1962, the vast majority of which were exported. Only 5,869 cars were sold on the home market, the highest export percentage of any British car. The MGA was called the "first of a new line" to quote the contemporary advertising. There was also a new engine available, therefore the car did not have the originally intended XPAG unit but was fitted with the BMC corporate B-Series type allowing a lower bonnet line. It was a body-on-frame design and used the straight-4 "B series" engine from the MG Magnette saloon driving the rear wheels through a 4-speed gearbox. Suspension was independent with coil springs and wishbones at the front and a rigid axle with semi-elliptic springs at the rear. Steering was by rack and pinion.